[mod_python] questions about mod_python publisher

Volodya volodya at real.samuraj.org
Wed May 19 22:40:26 EDT 2004

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 06:12:23PM +0100, Terry MacDonald wrote:
> Some good questions especially...
>
> 3. With publisher, is it possible to hide the ".py" suffix?
>
> I've been trying for an answer to that for a while.  The suggestion is
> that one uses SetHandler but I'll be %^&(* if I can get it to work
> properly. AddHandler (with Directorys) works fine.
>
> If anyone out there is using the publisher handler and SetHandler to
> avoid having .py extensions and it works! could they publish the
> pertinent configuration data please (pretty please!). I tend not to use
> .htaccess files and prefer the main config file for setting these things
> up - if that helps.

Just write your publisher's code into index.py file.
For example , if we have /var/www/test/index.py (where /var/www/ is
the httpd's document root), than we can use:

http://SERVER/test/     	(calls index function in index.py)
http://SERVER/test/hello        (calls hello function in index.py)
http://SERVER/test/?id=555      (calls index function with id paramater
				set to 555)

Set these options for test subdirectory (as for me, i prefer .htaccess):
  SetHandler mod_python
  PythonHandler mod_python.publisher