[mod_python] Re: error message when mutexes cannot be created

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Tue May 18 14:00:30 EDT 2004

On Tue, 18 May 2004, David Fraser wrote:

> Yes, I've added some code to my init script that detects it and cleans
> them up, so at least I can see when its happening now.
> I think Apache isn't shutting down properly.

Do you see anything in the Apache error log indicating it crashed,
something like "child pid 12345 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)" or a
core file with a timestamp matching the time when Apache quit - this would
be a clear indication of it crashing.

BTW - Would you care to share the code you added to clean up mutexes (on
the dev list preferably)? :-)

Grisha