[mod_python] handler - cookie conditional page

Richard Whitehurst richard.whitehurst at reputations.co.uk
Mon May 17 18:26:06 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am using RedHat ES 3, Apache 2.0.46, mod_python 3.0.3, Python 2.2.3

I have migrated from Perl to Python with ease and pleasure but struggle with mod_python.  And yes I've read everyhing mod_python related and more.  Instead of relating the problems I've had I thought I would just say what I am trying to acheive by means of a Python Handler and hope you can suggest a way:

If a cookie does not exist for a page requested from a particular location:
    redirect to a reminder page
else:
    serve the page requested without intervention

Seems simple enough but ...

tia

Richard