[mod_python] import madness!

The Doctor What list.modpython at docwhat.gerf.org
Tue May 11 15:04:19 EST 2004

* The Doctor What (list.modpython at docwhat.gerf.org) [040511 13:13]:
> I have found an interesting bug.  My handler has, at it's start,
> something like:
> from blah import config
>
> This is great, works fine, etc. EXCEPT when I clean up the .pyc
> files in the blah directory!  Then it says that it cannot import
> config!
>
> Looking at sys.modules, I see that sys.modules[blah.config] is set
> to <module 'blah' from 'path-to/blah/config.pyc'>. It is
> easily reproducable.  A lame work around is to make the path-to/blah
> directory group read-only so that .pyc files cannot be created.
>
> Is there a fix for this?  Am I doing something wrong?

Forgot the version numbers...

Python version 2.2.3
mod_python 2.7.6 thru 2.7.10
apache 1.3.27 & 1.3.29

Ciao!

--
Fact #23
  One of the two most common causes of runaway projects is unstable requirements.

The Doctor What: <fill in the blank>             http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat *at* gerf *dot* org                                        KF6VNC