[mod_python] upload file, add action?

Oliver Graf ograf at rz-online.net
Fri May 7 13:25:18 EST 2004

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 06:30:06AM -0400, John Mudd wrote:
> Here's an example of posts that I'm finding that say it's necessary to
> add an action in the HTML and add a function in the python script to
> read the file.  Is it necessary to specify an "action" on the form in
> order to read the file contents?

The action and method attributes of the form element specify which URL
should be requested with what method (GET/POST) if the form is
submitted. The encoding specifies how the data of the form is
transmitted to the server.

If you don't specify action, the form will be submitted to the same
URL the form came from.

So the answer to your question is: it depends on how you did program
your application.

Oliver.