[mod_python] Questions on path_info and PSP

Andrew Barilla drew at exit66.com
Tue May 4 15:03:39 EST 2004

I was fiddiling with this and figured I could just create my own hander,
however not all of the path_info is being passed.  For example:

http://localhost/test/

Calls my handler but when I do the following:

http://localhost/test/some/parameters/and/stuff

Only the /parameters/and/stuff is passed as path_info.  Is there an easy way
to get the '/some' part as well without breaking apart the req.uri or
req.filename values?

Thanks,
Andy

On Tue, 4 May 2004 11:53:50 -0400, Andrew Barilla wrote
> I set up mod_python 3.1 up with the following configuration:
>
> <Directory /home/httpd/html/test>
>     SetHandler mod_python
>     PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
>     PythonDebug on
> </Directory>
>
> I have mptest.py in the test directory with an index function and a test
> function so both http://localhost/test/mptest and
> http://localhost/test/mptest/test work.  But,
> http://localhost/test/mptest/test/whatever does not.  Is it possible
> to set things up so the test function is called and I can get the
> 'whatever' part from req.path_info?
>
> On another note and I'm sure there is a simple answer to this that
> I'm overlooking, but I did the example of using PSP files as
> templates from this article
> (http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/python/2004/02/26/python_server_pages.html) but
it's returning the html page as text.  i.e. I see