[mod_python] apache.import_module picks wrong module

Michael C. Neel neel at mediapulse.com
Thu Mar 25 11:03:19 EST 2004

> actually i've renamed all files that had the same names
> in both applications to some, so that they all differ
> now and are not messed, but it cost me alot of work
> that shouldn't be necessary.

I agree here as well.  mod_pyhton's import method needs an overhaul I
think - we are addressing similar issues atm too.  I'm working to
isolate the problem (in our case it's going beyond mixing the module,
but actually mixing variables that are not even named the same thing, or
in similar named modules).

Reproducing the error is random at best, to see it requires a decent
amount of traffic to the modules.  I've also noticed that these issues
are 2.7.x related, and not in 3.x mp.  If you can go to Apache 2 I'd
recommend it, as there isn't a whole lot of active development on 2.7
mp; but I know that isn't always possible.

I'm working on some ways to test for this error right now, and hopefully
in a week I'll have something to post on the list with more detail.

Mike