[mod_python] zero terminated strings and req.write

Frederick Grim fred at forsalebyowner.com
Tue Mar 9 13:05:36 EST 2004

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy at <grisha at modpython.org> replied:

> On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Frederick Grim wrote:
>
> > 	1. Is this a correct analysis
> > 	2. Is this a bug or my misuse of mod_python
>
> The answer depends very much on Erik's question (below). What does the
> relevant part of your Apache config look like?

	I was using the publisher but it's really a moot point now after a day of tussling
with mod_python I am giving up and working with something less complicated /
working if I had another few weeks to figure this out maybe but this project has
to be done soon and mod_python is slowly making me crazy (as the tone of this
email indicates)  After I sorted that problem the wierdness with suddenly not
finding files that are in the proper directory, then making me hard code every
path in the xhtml like href-"http://127.0.0.1/~hal9000/foo.py/handler" then having
to restart the webserver everytime I change a module (I saw the FAQ entry on this
but couldn't get it to work) python bailed with an error. I am sure now that I think
about it that the problem was that there is some module in the standard library
that I was failing to load.

In short I am sure all of my problems (other then the 4suite stuff) is due to
my own lack of reading but shit I read the entire manual, read a bunch of
apache docs and getting even the most basic scripts to work was a huge pain in
the ass.

		Fred

> Grisha
>
> > > Dumb questions maybe, but what handler are you using?  If you're using
> > > the publisher handler, then maybe that zero at the end is what
> > > apache.OK equals?
> > >

> > > Best regards,
> > > Erik

"Windows Longhorn will be like having a little cop right inside your computer"
	-- Jorge Lopez, MCSE