[mod_python] Impatient Apache server?

Conrad Steenberg conrad at hep.caltech.edu
Fri Mar 5 09:09:17 EST 2004

In case someone is interested:

The answer is that it is not possible without recompiling the Apache
server. The relevant code is in server/mpm_common.c:

            case 5:     /*  82ms */
            case 6:     /* 344ms */
            case 7:     /* 1.4sec */
                /* ok, now it's being annoying */
                ap_log_error(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_WARNING,
                             0, ap_server_conf,
                             "child process %ld still did not exit, "
                             "sending a SIGTERM",
                             (long)pid);
                kill(pid, SIGTERM);
                break;

I.e. each process gets only 82ms to exit from the time that the parent
starts issuing exit orders to children.

Cheers

Conrad

--