[mod_python] servlets and sessions tutorial...

Daniel J. Popowich dpopowich at mtrsd.k12.ma.us
Mon Jun 28 10:18:04 EDT 2004

> ppercot at free.fr said:
> > You have also to test the free inodes :
>
> Sharky has already replied to this, but in general this wouldn't be an
> out-of-inodes problem, because the file exists (i.e. the new inode allocated)
> but it is zero size (which might mean out of disk space / quota).
>
> And it takes a very very unusual setup to run out of inodes with 50% space
> free.... (/var/spool/news being the canonical case, but no-one seems to have
> one of those any more!)

I worked with Sharky on this and the problem was with a conflict of
BDB libraries between python and apache.  This was confirmed with a
script that simulated session saving which worked fine from the
command line, but broke via apache.  It turned out to be a bad
symbolic link for a shared library.  After fixing the symlink
everything worked fine.

Daniel