[mod_python] ModPython on FreeBSD - install process

Sean Leach sleach at netlojix.com
Fri Jun 11 16:45:37 EDT 2004

Here is what we have done many times with Python, FreeBSD, Apache2,
ModPython (we prefer source on apache and mod_python on BSD over port
version)

1. Install python2.3 via ports (simple make install)
2. Install apache2 via source with:

./configure --enable-threads --enable-ssl <and whatever mods you need>

3. Install mod_python3.1.3 via source with:

./configure  --with-python=/usr/local/bin/python \
--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs

Make install's all around, and it works fine.  Have done this with
FreeBSD 4.7, 4.8, 4.9, 5.2 etc.

i.e. nothing special...

Hope that helps,
Sean