mod_python on OSX/Panther (was Re: [mod_python] mod_python / mod_php4 w/apache 2)

Justin Ryan jryan at qutang.net
Fri Jun 4 22:40:54 EDT 2004

Ok sorry, it looks like my first round of tests were a bit misleading...

looks like my installation of mod_python is taking apache2 down.  I can
have both php / mod_python or just mod_python loaded, with no handlers
registered, and everything works fine..

If I define a handlermodule (even mod_python.publisher, for
simplicity's sake), I get this error trying to load any url (even
/index.htm).

[Fri Jun 04 21:30:46 2004] [error] make_obcallback: could not import
mod_python.apache.ImportError: No module named mod_python.apache

I'm running on Mac OS X P anther 10.3.3, using apache2 from the stable
release of fink, mod_python built from source against apple's python.

FWIW, I would be using the system apache/php but I can't build
mod_python 2.7.10 against apple's python for some reason.

Cheers,

~=JR