[mod_python] How to set connection parameters?

David Fraser davidf at sjsoft.com
Mon Jan 12 18:05:43 EST 2004

jalil wrote:

> David,
>
> I am using mysql. Could you provide me some info on your wrapper
> especially if it is for mysql.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Jalil

Jalil,

Our wrapper is part of jToolkit which is at http://jtoolkit.sourceforge.net/
We don't currently support MySQL although it should be easy to add.
But that's a whole framework - you may want to look at
http://www.esrf.fr/computing/bliss/python2/MySQL/MySQLdb-3.html (in the
Python MySQL interface docs)
It seems that you can just pass in a unicode parametyer to the connect
function, which contains the encoding
Hope that helps

David