[mod_python] mod_python and mysql - wierd problem!

David Geller dg at sponsera.com
Fri Jan 9 00:12:42 EST 2004

Thanks, Mike.

While I am not following what you do *exactly*, it is similar.
And as I said, everything runs fine on one machine. (and has for a few
years with multiple apps). It was an incredible suprise to all of a
sudden find such difficulty on a new machine.

What *we* do is:
1. Get sources from relevent places as tarballs  - (apache, python,
msql, MySQLdb, mod_python,....)
2. place sources in /usr/local/src
3. build and compile them there
4. install them in /usr/local

Soooo, python is in /usr/local/lib/python2.2... (execuatable in
/usr/local/bin as /usr/local/bin/python)
apache is in /usr/local/apache2/...
mysql is in /usr/local/mysql...

And I have confirmed that mod_python is picking up the correct python.

D.