[mod_python] mod_python and mysql - wierd problem!

David Geller dg at sponsera.com
Thu Jan 8 14:30:26 EST 2004

Help!

I have the weirdest problem - I am using the following:

redhat9
mysql 4.0.13
mod_python 3.0.4
python 2.2.3
MySQL-python 0.9.2 (python interface to the mysql libraries)
apache 2.0.47

When I run ordinary python programs to access the mysql database, things
seem to work fine. (i can connect to the database, so selects, updates, etc)

When I run identical queries under mod_python via request to apache,
apache tends to core dump on database accesses - or sometimes, doesn't
core dump but I get very strange,inconsistant results.

Any ideas? Are "threads" an issue? I am almost positive the python
enviornment that apache is getting is the same as the "normal" environment.

I just have no idea why this is happening - I have used mod_python w/
mysql before, with generally very good results.

Thanks a lot!

David