[mod_python] mod_python installation \ initial setup help

S C sameerc1 at grandecom.net
Sat Feb 28 20:51:59 EST 2004

platform: Debian Linux
Apache/2.0.48, mod-python/3.0.4 and Python/2.3.3

I installed mod_python, and it's loading correctly.

Tried the standard hello world app, placing the following in my
sites-enabled default file with the correct directory path:

<Directory /var/www/apache2-default/python>

        AddHandler mod_python .py
        PythonHandler mptest
        PythonDebug On
</Directory>

in my python directory (/var/www/apache2-default/python), I created the
file mptest.py which contains the following lines:

from mod_python import apache

def handler(req):
        req.write("Hello World!")
        return apache.OK

The file is set as executable.

When I go look at this path from my web browser, it asks me if I want to
save mptest.py?  How can I make the file execute?

Thanks in advance!!