[mod_python] libxml2 failure

Russell Balest russell at balest.com
Fri Feb 27 23:26:23 EST 2004

   I've seen people asking this exact question a year ago and I don't
see any answer to it.
The problem is that libxml2 works fine as a standalone script and
completely fails under mod_python.
Was there ever a resolution to this?

   I can tell you my setup but this bug has been clearly stated many
times before.  In fact, 4Suite is plagued by the same problems as libxml2.

   Here is a minimal publisher handler which fails:

--------------------------------------
   def something(req):
        styledoc = libxml2.parseFile("/tmp/template.xml")
        # The value of styledoc is empty after this call.
        # The file has an absolute pathname and exists in /tmp.
--------------------------------------
My httpd.conf file is fine because I can get other handles to work
correctly.
It's just libxml2 for some reason that doesn't work, and 4Suite.

    My python version:
Python 2.2.3 (#1, Nov 25 2003, 20:14:09)
[GCC 2.95.4 20020320 [FreeBSD]] on freebsd4

Apache 1.3
mod_python 2.3.8

  Thanks for your suggestions (please!),
   Russ Balest