[mod_python] Python Data Objects&[email protected]

perry.tew at cibavision.novartis.com perry.tew at cibavision.novartis.com
Tue Feb 10 08:49:50 EST 2004

Hey.  What's the thread safety on this library?
-Perry

Hi

The basic difference is that this code is just a Python wrapper around
ADO, where as pyado.sourceforge.net as a Python DB-API 2.0 compliant
driver for any database using PyADO.
So we don't have to have multiple versions of the driver to support
different databases. This has been used successfully with Access and
Oracle and SQL server.
Also the code will work for any Python system that has been set up to
use the DB-API interface. So it is more natural to the Python way of
doing things.
You may find that your speed problems require using some of the Python
win32 extensions to statically link the types:
run
python makepy.py "Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.5 Library"
(but substitute the right version number)

David