[mod_python] Any support for on-time Initialization?

Khurram khurram at renai-soft.com
Tue Feb 3 17:35:31 EST 2004

Hi,

I have been using python in multithreaded environments for a long time. In the
web-server env i had to go for multi-threaded module (perchild mpm) due to some
transactional requirements for an application. We had mysql and apache 1.3 so
the transactional state was not shared. The application was developed on
windows, so it had no problem on that system with apache 2.0.48 . For unix we
had to upgrade and we now have a single process running for some domains(Do
give a max request limit for the child process). The server is receiving alot
of requests each hour(1.3 crashed under this load),  and is able to scale to
that, thanx to the multi-threaded architecture.

If there is some problem its in your code. Check that thread locks are right.

Khurram Ijaz,
Renaissance Software.
http://www.renai-soft.com