[mod_python] problem installing mod_python-3.1.3 with Python 2.4

David Fraser davidf at sjsoft.com
Thu Dec 2 02:43:42 EST 2004

The Windows installer for mod Python 3.1.3 is only for Python 2.3 - you
can tell that because it's called mod_python-3.1.3.win32-py2.3.exe
<http://apache.is.co.za/dist/httpd/modpython/win/3.1.3/mod_python-3.1.3.win32-py2.3.exe>

In general Python extensions written in C have to be compiled for the
version of Python they are used with, so a new binary would be needed
for 2.4

Anyone is welcome to try build this, I plan to myself when I get a
chance. But simply using the existing installer won't work...

David