[mod_python] problem installing mod_python-3.1.3 with Python 2.4

Brian Ray bray at sent.com
Wed Dec 1 15:34:20 EST 2004

On Dec 1, 2004, at 1:24 PM, Kostis Magh wrote:

> I 'm a newbie in Python. I 'm interesting mainly in Web Devellopement.
> I work in PHP, and I should like to explore PSP with mod_Python etc.
>  (maybe to migrate, I don't know yet...)
> I had installed Python 2.3.x  and also mod_python-3.1.3.win32-py2.3
> and worked OK.
>  I uninstalled Python 2.3.4, and I installed Python 2.4 , but now I
> cannot
>  install mod_python-3.1.3...

Can you send more details? What happens when you try to install
mod_python with python 2.4? I tried with the Beta and did not have a
problem. But 2.4 was just release yesterday and I have not tried yet.
Python does not release as often and usually is not the cause of the
problem, just my opinion.

Can you dump here some errors?