[mod_python] AuthHandler and Content-type

mod_python user python at theorb.net
Mon Aug 30 13:49:42 EDT 2004

Peter van Kampen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have this configured apache like this:
>
> <Directory /var/www/playground/test>
>         SetHandler mod_python
> 	PythonAuthenHandler test
> 	PythonDebug On
> 	require valid-user
> </Directory>
>
> test.py is simply this:
>
> from mod_python import apache
>
> def authenhandler(req):
>     req.user = ""
>     return apache.OK
>
> Finally there's a file: test.html in the same directory.
>
> The problem is that now the content_type is text/plain. When I turn of
> mod_python the content_type is text/html (as I want it to be).
>
> I know I can set req.content_type = "text/html" but I want apache (or
> mod_python) to do that for me... (because the files might not be only
> .html).

By using the apache Header and RequestHeader directives one can modify
both the incoming and outgoing headers.  For instance, adding this to
the <Directory> block above would always force text/html.
	Header set Content-type text/html

You may learn more in the apache manual available here:
	http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_headers.html#header

Hope that is what you need.
Mike Wright