[mod_python] How can I turn off apparent caching of python code?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Aug 24 14:42:30 EDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 04:39:24AM -0700, Tobiah wrote:
>the publisher handler.  I have things importing other things
>all over the place as I create my library modules.  In this

I've continued to run into problems with complex code importing other
code, even with running Python 2.3.4 and mod_python 3.1.3.  I finally
abandoned the "dynamic" imports I was doing and instead have switched to
a new mechanism where all the imports are done up front before calling
the rendering engine.

>I solidify my classes?  I this what other people do?  Why is

Yes, I will usually restart Apache when I'm poking at the code.

You could also tweek the Apache config so that Apache doesn't run as a
long-running process, instead make the children restart after handling a
single request.  Don't recall the exact config option off the top of my
head, but I know it's there.

Sean
--
 A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human
 history -- with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.