[mod_python] XSLT versus 'traditional' templating

Scott Sanders sanders at apache.org
Fri Aug 20 13:29:52 EDT 2004

I am not deluding myself.  If you have two pages that take 50ms to
render, but one is streamed, every user on this planet (including
yourself) will think the streamed page is faster.  It is a psycological
fact of life.  That is part of the reason there is a computer field
called HCI.

We had a customer that was pissed off about how slow our server app
was.  All we did is turn off buffering of output (we were doing it to
catch errors before the user saw the page), and the customer said
'That's great! Why weren't you doing that before'.  Render time AND
response time were the same, the only difference was TTFB (time to
first byte).

Scott