[mod_python] mod python compilation / installation problems

Robert Geller robert at worksofmagic.com
Wed Aug 18 22:11:47 EDT 2004

hello all, I am trying to compile and install mod-python 3.1.3 and
Apache 2.0.50, with Fedora Core 2.

I am very frustrated by now, as I have been trying this for a long time
and to no avail.

Upon doing make (after ./configure
--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs) I get some warnings about
C_POSIX_SOURCE or whatever. Is this significant?

My real problem is upon doing make install.

/usr/bin/install -c -d /usr/local/apache2/modules
/usr/bin/install -c src/mod_python.so /usr/local/apache2/modules
/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `src/mod_python.so': No such file or
directory
make[1]: *** [install_dso] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/robert/mod_python-3.1.3'
make: *** [install] Error 2

Any ideas? I heard it may be something with libtool?

Robert Geller

robert at worksofmagic.com