[mod_python] Introducing AnalyzeThat!

Michael C. Neel neel at mediapulse.com
Wed Aug 18 10:24:08 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-18 at 07:53, Kamil Niechajewicz wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 18:29:17 +0200
> Amir Salihefendic <amix at amix.dk> wrote:
>
> > I was pretty tired of the way that you test out stuff in mod_python.
> > I.e. you use req.write(variable), req.write(dir(object)) etc.
>
> Isn't it better to write some logging class with log levels similar
> to those of syslog for example? You write your debug output to that
> file and read it immediately in the other console window..
> For example:

As of python 2.3 there is a logging module that acts like this, and also
mod_python exposes the apache logging hooks if you wanted to put your
information into the apache error/debug logs and configure what goes
where from within apache.  I know the apache methods do and I believe
the logging module both handle several threads / processes writing to
the log file.

Mike