[mod_python] mod_python Live examples

Fabian Fagerholm fabbe at paniq.net
Tue Aug 17 23:07:03 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 11:16 -0400, Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:
> I'd like to add that we don't have to play into any of these camps,
> because there may well exist a better web development paradigm than any of
> the above, one that somehow takes advantage of Python's unique abilities
> that differentiate it from other languages. I don't believe it has been
> discovered quite yet, but I think that that should be the thinking -
> something that works well in Python, NOT something that is "like" JSP, or
> Servlets, etc.

I agree completely.

One way of finding that paradigm might be to look at what's available
right now, and try to solve some shortcomings in those solutions. I find
that looking at several solutions creates an idea in my mind that really
boils down to a generalization that will cover all the other ideas --
but which is more than the sum of the original parts.

But then there are always those who like to follow a ready-made
paradigm. They shouldn't be forgotten, because some of them will
eventually start thinking about yet "better ways", and become innovators
themselves.

So, I'd like again to ask for people's mental images of the tools you
use -- or the tools you'd like to use, which don't exist just yet.

Cheers,
--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe at paniq.net>