[mod_python] HTTP-Keep alive bug?

Jonathan Hseu vomjom at vomjom.org
Fri Aug 6 03:18:19 EDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 10:54:51PM -0500, S?bastien Arnaud wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if anybody else had been getting the same problem that I
> noticed with http keep alive request being not answered properly by
> mod_python. If you take the very simple mptest example, and use ab to
> benchmark/stress this trivial example, you may notice that even though
> you are requesting to use http-keep alive (-k option in ab), the
> resulting page (http://yourserver/test/mptest.py) is forcing the
> connection to close (inspect the HTTP headers and see Connection:
> Close).

Well, I don't know if this is related, but I do experience an issue with
keep-alive and mod_python (although, I just assumed it was firefox's
problem, even though I don't get that bug with anything but firefox).
Basically, on some keep-alive requests, firefox gives me the HTTP
headers and other stuff and renders that as text instead of the actual
page.  Most likely, this is related to your keep-alive bug, since this
only happens _after_ the first request in a keep-alive request.

Jonathan Hseu