[mod_python] Long string being corrupted

Lisa lisa at stxx.com
Mon Apr 26 00:08:45 EST 2004

Hi All,

Apologies if my previous email makes/made it to the list, I didn't realise that my subscription didn't work before sending it.

I'm having some trouble with returning a long string while using mod_python with publisher, you can see an example of the output I'm receiving at http://www.stxx.com/test.txt

my test function is

def test():
    xx = range(0, 15000)
    ss = str()
    for x in xx:
        ss += str(x)+"\n"
    return ss

this works for the most part however there are garbage characters inserted at various places in the return string, particularly following line 14139.

I'm running Apache/2.0.49 (Debian GNU/Linux) mod_python/3.1.3 Python/2.3.3

When I run this same file from the command line it provides the correct output.

Any help would be most appreciated, apologies if this has come up before, I had a very hard time finding anything which mentioned my problem (I did look)

Thanks
Lisa