[mod_python] Session variables

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Mon Apr 19 00:03:50 EST 2004

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004, Terry MacDonald wrote:

> There is a quirk where the req.session.unlock() needs to be called to
> release the session for the following handler. I thought this would have
> been done in the session code, so could be a bug. The docs state
> themselves that lock and unlock are unlikely to be called by apps,
> however, I have found this not usually the case.

Starting with 3.1.3 it _is_ done - the session registers a cleanup to
unlock itself. What version of mod_python are you using?

Here a link to the relevant code in CVS:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-python/lib/python/mod_python/Session.py?r1=1.9&r2=1.10&diff_format=h

P.S.

Thanks for the example!

Grisha