[mod_python] index.py

Terry MacDonald terry.macdonald at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Apr 16 14:24:08 EST 2004

Hi all,

Here is my current apache config for mod_python:
PythonDebug on
PythonOption SessionDbm /tmp/app_sess.dbm

Alias /python/ "/var/www/python/"

<Directory "/var/www/python">
    PythonPath "['/var/www/python']+sys.path"
    AddHandler mod_python .py
    PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
    Options None
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Alias /app/ "/var/www/python/app/dev/"
                                                                                                                  <Directory "/var/www/python/app/dev">
    PythonPath ['/var/www/python/app/dev']+sys.path
    DirectoryIndex league.py
</Directory>

<Directory "/var/www/python/app/dev/members">
    PythonPath
['/var/www/python/app/dev','/var/www/python/app/dev/members']+sys.path
    PythonOption ApplicationPath /app/members
    PythonAuthenHandler authenticate
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "Administration"
    Require valid-user
</Directory>

If my league.py file/module contains a function called index() and
another function called hello() then...

http://localhost/app/league.py successfully calls index()
http://localhost/app/ successfully calls index()
http://localhost/app/league.py/hello successfully calls hello()
http://localhost/app/hello causes a not found error on URL /app/hello

The last one contradicts what is described in section '6.1.2.1 -
Traversal' of the mod_python manual.

Is this a bug, or is the apache config wrong?

Note: This is also the case if the league.py file is renamed to
index.py.  However, if I do that then http://app/ causes a forbidden
error!!??

Thanks
--