[mod_python] web frameworks

Byron Ellacott bje at apnic.net
Fri Apr 16 12:26:01 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 13:27, Todd Grimason wrote:
> You might want to take a look at pywork:
> http://pywork.sf.net
> It is Struts-like and apparently can use XML/XSLT/etc.

I took a look at this myself.  It's currenty at version 0.4, and I'm not
sure how active the development is on it.  In order to get XML/XSLT
working, I had to fix a few bugs in the distributed code base.  It looks
like the author is more interested in ZPT than XSLT as a presentation
mechanism, but I'm not sure ZPT would have worked out-of-the-box either
(I didn't install the supporting Zope libraries, so I haven't even tried
ZPT).

For a 0.4 release, it's a good proof of concept.  But if you want to
start developing with it, you'll have a bit of work ahead of you to get
it ready for use.

--
bje