[mod_python] Problem with config

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at cableone.net
Wed Apr 14 05:05:19 EST 2004

I found the problem. But I don't know why it was a problem.

In my apache2.conf I had:
<Directory /var/www/python>
     AddHandler mod_python .py
     PythonHandler mptest
     PythonDebug On
</Directory>

I had mptest.py at /var/www/python/mptest.py .

Why that didn't work I don't know.

What I discovered.
 From a previous try several months ago I had a python directory at
/var/www/htdocs/python which is in Apaches doc path.

In that director was a mptest.py file.

It was that mptest.py that was being read.

When I changed the directive <Directory /var/www/htdocs/python>
everything worked.

It isn't a problem putting everything into /var/www/htdocs/python but I
wish I understood what I did wrong and why /var/www/python failed. Hmm?

Thanks.

Jimmie Houchin