[mod_python] newbie: data length

Raaijmakers, Vincent (GE Infrastructure) Vincent.Raaijmakers at ge.com
Wed Apr 7 10:17:15 EST 2004

Looking for the recipe of multipart data stream please give me the answer to this question:

If I sniff on my network to see what actual bytes are being send to the client after a
seq.write("hello world") from my very simple application, I see:
62 0a 0d  68 65 6c 6c 6f 20 77 6f 72 6c 64 0a 0d

So, the part that I would like to know is why I see the *62* 0a 0d on front of my byte array in every seq.write()?

I underdstand that data length is required, but for every write?
Is that a w3 convention? I can't find this in the documentation on the web. Tried to Google as well, perhaps missed the correct key words.

If you don't want to see that 'length lfcr' in your byte array, what is it what you need to do?
Reason I would like to see this is to keep a session open and keep on streaming to the client.
So, repeat the write until done.

Apologize if this is a too newbie in web land question...

Vincent