[mod_python] module not reloading?

Michael C. Neel neel at mediapulse.com
Fri Sep 26 16:13:24 EST 2003

I believe the main module reloads, but you will need to manually reload
any modules your module calls you want reloaded.  I tie this into the
PythonDebug setting, like such:

    # if this is in debug/test mode, reload any changes
    if req.get_config().has_key('PythonDebug'):
        reload(www_forms)
        reload(globals)

(if you state PythonDebug Off, there will not be a PythonDebug key at
all - a little gotcha as you might expect there to by a PythonDebug key
with a value of Off).

avoid "from module import *"'s; these don't seem to work with the reload
function (I think that is the way it's supposed to work, btw).

With the above inplace, I don't need to restart/killhup apache unless I
have PythonDebug Off.

HTH,
Mike