[mod_python] Re: Handler publisher with multiple directories on thesame tree

StianSøiland stian at soiland.no
Sun Sep 14 23:58:27 EST 2003

On 2003-09-08 15:40:26, Mike Looijmans wrote:

> My main handler checks if the path_info of the URL is "/request" and if so,
> runs the following (you could use publisher to publish this interface as
> well). All "my" modules are named "ops_" something. You could also use
> the __file__ location as a filter.

I tried that approach, but the problem is that modules must be reloaded
in "correct" order. For instance, a class in module A that subclasses
something from module B, will not work if A is reloaded before B.

(the A-class will be an instance of the OLD b-class)

The only thing that could work is to del the modules from sys.modules.
However, when I tried that, weird errors occured as if half the
mod_python request, sys, site, os etc. were removed.

Clearly some dirty C-pointer hangarounds or something..

--
Stian Søiland               Work toward win-win situation. Win-lose
Trondheim, Norway           is where you win and the other lose.