[mod_python] Can't load mod_python 3.03 in XP

Partha Aji partha at addlebrain.com
Thu Sep 11 21:11:27 EST 2003

Here is  my configuration

Apache HTTP 2.0.47 - g:\apache\Apache2\
OS -> Win XP Home edition

Python Version ->2.3
TCL Version - > 8.4
Mod Python Version -> 3.0.3
Mod python installation file-> mod_python-3.0.3.win32.exe

I added the following line to httpd.conf
LoadModule python_module modules/mod_python.so

(I have not been able to run the test yet..)

When I start apache I get the following error message
"
Syntax error on line 139 of G:/apache/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load G:/apache/Apache2/modules/mod_python.so into server: The specified module could not be found.
Note the errors or messages above, and press the <ESC> key to exit.  25...
"

But when I take a peak at G:/apache/Apache2/modules/  directory I see the mod python file right there any ideas? Is mod python expected to run with python 2.3?
Should I compile mod python manually to fix this (I would rather not do so because I wouldn't know how to do it)?
Any suggestions will be welcome.. Thanks

Partha