[mod_python] mod_python 3.1

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Thu Sep 11 22:54:19 EST 2003

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, Barry Warsaw wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 17:41, Patrick Useldinger wrote:
> > I have read in the mailing list archives that only mod_python 3.1 and
> > higher will work with Python 2.3. Is this still correct? If so, when is
> > version 3.1 sheduled?
>
> modpython 3.0.3 works fine with Python 2.3, but to build it you need to
> hack src/include/mod_python.h.  There's a FAQ entry with the necessary
> patch.
>
> Maybe Grisha should release a 3.0.4 with just this one patch?

I'm not so sure that there aren't other bugs hiding in there.

Originally I wasn't planning on a 3.0.4 because 3.1 is going to be out
some time soon (whatever that means - we don't really have a schedule).
But we'll think about it. :-)

For right now my "official" take is that mod_python 3.0.3 was released
prior to Python 2.3 and so wasn't meant to be used with it.

Grisha