[mod_python] ANNOUNCE: Mod_python 3.1.0 Alpha

Conrad Steenberg conrad at hep.caltech.edu
Sat Sep 6 20:04:51 EST 2003

Hi

Having played around with the new version and PSP, I have one question:
My application doesn't use the session infrastructure provided by PSP,
but 256 sessions (in shared memory) are created at startup anyway.

This prompts a change in the kernel semaphore settings on older linuxes
(redhat 7.3 specifically).  As this will likely trip up new sysadmins
that just want to try out the package, is there a way to reduce the
number of sessions (or space for these sessions) by using a directive?

If there isn't such a directive, is it possible to add one?

Cheers!

Conrad