[mod_python] Persistent socket connection.

jbi130 at yahoo.com jbi130 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 27 15:12:05 EST 2003

Upon creation of a new "session" I want to open a socket to a remote
server and be able to access this socket throughout the users session
until he logs our or the session is timed out.

Is there any way to do this?  I've been looking at twisted but would
prefer a more traditional approach, maybe using mod_python.

I guess the challenge is how do I keep this socket descriptor alive
between browser requests.

Any somewhat standard facilities to do this in mod_python?

Thanks.