[mod_python] Newbie problem running mod_python

Tom Ayerst twa at post.com
Sun Oct 26 09:28:34 EST 2003

I am trying to run mod_python.

My setup is:

mod_python version  3.0.3
python 2.3.2
Apache 2.0.47
Windows XP Home edition 2002 Service Pack 1

I installed python, then apache and then mod_python.  I have made no
changes to apache (other than to httpd.conf) or mod_python.

Apache ran ok before the install of mod_python.

When trying to run up apache with the example python code I get:

    Syntax error on line 173 of C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
    Cannot load C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/modules/mod_python.so into server: The specified module
could not be found.
    Note the errors or messages above, and press the <ESC> key to exit.
27...

That part of httpd.conf looks like this:

165 LoadModule setenvif_module modules/mod_setenvif.so
166 #LoadModule speling_module modules/mod_speling.so
167 #LoadModule status_module modules/mod_status.so
168 #LoadModule unique_id_module modules/mod_unique_id.so
169 LoadModule userdir_module modules/mod_userdir.so
170 #LoadModule usertrack_module modules/mod_usertrack.so
171 #LoadModule vhost_alias_module modules/mod_vhost_alias.so
172 #LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so
173 LoadModule python_module
modules/mod_python.so
174
175 #
176 # ExtendedStatus controls whether Apache will generate "full" status
177 # information (ExtendedStatus On) or just basic information
(ExtendedStatus
178 # Off) when the "server-status" handler is called. The default is Off.
179 #
180 #ExtendedStatus On

As usual I expect I have missed something glaringly obvious, I just
don't know what right now.

Any help or pointers much appreciated.

Thanks.

Tom