[mod_python] invalid literal for float

tpc at csua.berkeley.edu tpc at csua.berkeley.edu
Wed Oct 22 10:21:01 EST 2003

hi Michael, I guess I will lookup MySQLdb support but the statements work
just fine in MySQL shell, and in php, and in python executed from the
command line and in IDLE, both of which have import MySQLdb.  I went to
this list first because the error message begins with:

<paste>
Mod_python error: "PythonHandler mod_python.publisher"

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line 335,
in HandlerDispatch
    result = object(req)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/mod_python/publisher.py", line
194, in handler
    result = apply(object, (), args)
</paste>

but ends with:

<paste>
 File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/MySQLdb/cursors.py", line 95, in
execute
    return self._execute(query, args)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/MySQLdb/cursors.py", line 114, in
_execute
    self.errorhandler(self, exc, value)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py", line 33,
in defaulterrorhandler
    raise errorclass, errorvalue
</paste>

Here's hoping MySQLdb support won't say it's a mod_python problem ;-)