[mod_python] Problems building apache1 with threaded python and mod_python

Mike Klein mikeklein at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 19 22:40:40 EST 2003

Can this even be done? The docs/faqs seem vague on the subject.

I am building on a RH9 system, with apache1, mod_python, and python w/o
threads. This seemed to be the only way I could get mod_python to build.
I always get errors regarding pthread symbols not being found. Example:

Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_python.so into server:
/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_python.so: undefined symbol: pthread_sigmask

I recall earlier that I was able to get past a similar error (happened
with no threads build I think) by adding "-lutil" to LIBS in
src/Makefile, but I cannot get rid of the above problem.

I need a threaded-python/mod_python as I'm trying to run ZSI and SOAPpy
applications and they seem to require thread support.

Any ideas would be appreciated...

I know RH9 comes with apache2 and mod_python/mod_perl/mod_everything
already built in, but I require apache1 as there are a few modules I
want to use which aren't apache2 yet...

mike