[mod_python] req.form question

Michael S. Fischer michael at dynamine.net
Thu Oct 2 17:27:26 EST 2003

It didn't; whether the value is an object or a list depends on the form
submission contents.

 From http://www.python.org/doc/2.2.3/lib/node297.html:

If the submitted form data contains more than one field with the same
name, the object retrieved by "form[key]" is not a FieldStorage or
MiniFieldStorage instance but a list of such instances. Similarly, in
this situation, "form.getvalue(key)" would return a list of strings. If
you expect this possibility (when your HTML form contains multiple
fields with the same name), use the isinstance() built-in function to
determine whether you have a single instance or a list of instances. For
example, this code concatenates any number of username fields, separated
by commas:

value = form.getvalue("username", "")
if isinstance(value, list):
     # Multiple username fields specified