[mod_python] PSP imports

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Tue Nov 25 00:22:54 EST 2003

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Dan W. wrote:

> It appears as though the PSP module doesn't check dependencies for
> modification times.  If I create a module and reference it from a PSP
> page and make a request for the page, then I change the module and make
> a second request the module is not reloaded.  Has this been overlooked
> or is this a 'feature'?

it's a feature of Python (not mod_python) ;-)

if you want the module properly reloaded when it changes, import it like
this:

mymodule = apache.import_module('mymodule')

> Also, it appears as though the PSP module prefers to store its cached
> compiled code in a DBM file instead of memory.

Not unless you tell it so. By default it's memory.

http://www.modpython.org/live/mod_python-3.1.2b/doc-html/pyapi-psp.html

HTH,

Grisha