[mod_python] mod_dav phases question

Timothy Stebbing tim.stebbing at nunatak.com.au
Mon Nov 24 09:18:32 EST 2003

The apache module 'mod_dav' provides webdav ability to be added to
<directory>'s.
this provides the usual web_dav calls, one of which is 'PUT'. Apache
handles put internally,
however we are using mod_dav as part of our CMS, to allow our users to
'checkout' a document
to a webdav folder and open the file, and we want to capture the put
phase, so we can take the
newly modified file from the webdav folder and check it back in to our cms.

How can I capture the mod_dav put phase with mod_python?  I was thinking
an apache filter,
but how can I have that applied only to the mod_dav put phase, rather
than every request? Is
there some large list somewhere of all the possible phases provided by
every module I can apply
filters to?

-TJS