[mod_python] Access to apache namespace in PythonPath

Michael S. Fischer michael at dynamine.net
Mon Nov 10 12:04:14 EST 2003

Gustavo Córdova Avila wrote:

> Without wanting to sound flippy or anything like that, but, I don't see
> much sense in such a configuration-time parameter "automatization",
> because, setting such parameters is part of any deployment, it's better
> to keep things explicit, no?

Not necessarily.  Developing Web applications in a team environment
often entails having developers running multiple instances of the
server, each running within the user's context and bound to his own
port.  In situations like this, doing run-time paramaterization is critical.

But yes, for production applications it might make less sense.

--Michael