[mod_python] Access to apache namespace in PythonPath

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Mon Nov 10 14:30:30 EST 2003

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Michael S. Fischer wrote:

> Grisha,
>
> It would be really cool if we could get access to the apache namespace
> in PythonPath, so we could do stuff like:
>
> PythonPath "sys.path + [apache.server_root() + '/py']"

That would be neat, but I'm not sure it's theoretically possible, not
without some kind of trickery to simulate a run-time environment at
configuration stage...

I know mod_perl allows for inline perl to be executed at server
configuration time - I haven't looked at that stuff and can't really say I
know how it is done and whether it's something that would work with Python
as well.

Grisha