[mod_python] Mod_python 3.1.2b, sethandler + dir listning problem

Svenne Krap svenne at krap.dk
Sat Nov 1 20:41:55 EST 2003

Hi.

I am toying around with mod_python on a gentoo-linux system. Prior I
used the Gentoo ebuilds (mod_python v. 3.0.1), but now I installed the
beta from source.

This is what I wish :
Every request is handled by the same python-handler for the virtual
domain. I am currently playing around and creating my own handler in the
process.
It has worked before, with the following relevant parts of my httpd.conf
(be aware, internal test server so a lot off things are just made
simple, not secure/right):

NameVirtualHost *
<Directory "/www/tweetie">
        SetHandler python-program
        PythonHandler site
        PythonAuthenHandler site
        PythonDebug On
        AllowOverride All
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
        AuthType Basic
        AuthName "Restricted Area"
        require valid-user
</Directory>
<VirtualHost *>
        ServerName tweetie
        DocumentRoot /www/tweetie
</VirtualHost>

But now, when I browse to "http://tweetie/" i get a directory listning
instead of the python script... If I write anything after the trailing
slash, everything works fine.

Can you tell me, what I did wrong and how to fix it ?

Tia

Svenne Krap