[mod_python] Import site failed

Jessamyn Smith jessamyn.smith at pason.com
Fri Mar 28 07:56:42 EST 2003

Thank you everyone for your help.  We managed to fix the problem by
adding a symbolic link:
ln -s /path/to/Python-2.2.2 /path/to/PythonHome

And editing the apache startup script (/etc/init.d/httpd), adding:
export PYTHONHOME='/hub/apps/PythonHome/'
in the start() function.

I felt pretty dumb for not checking the webpage for a FAQ.  We were
googling for "import site failed", when apparently we should have been
googling for "obcallback".  I am also still perplexed as to how my
machine is able to find mod_python, when I haven't done either of the
above steps.

Anyway, thanks again!

Jessamyn
--